Wednesday, February 09, 2005

# Chinese New Year

For this year Chinese New Year celebration, I went for a reunion dinner at Four Seasons with a bunch of Malaysian fellows. It was a nice gathering and especially entertaining to talk in Manglish!

I remembered last year I spent my New Year Eve at the Temple. The temple was holding Reunion Dinner for 500 people and I was volunteering as a waitress to serve the food. It was an enriching experience as a group of friends do the preparation work together and delegate tasks to serve different parts of the dining hall.

After the temple’s reunion dinner, I joined my hall’s Chinese New Year celebration, and it was great fun! It was a potluck dinner and everyone brought a dish, resulting in a mountain of food in the common room! Chatting, singing and playing cards are common sight and playing group games certainly let us get to know each other better.

For both years, I never missed the celebration at China Town, watching Lion Dance and stage performance in Trafalgar Square. I just could not resist the draw of the festive atmosphere in Leicester Square! And I suppose all Chinese just cannot resist the firework display during CNY too!

Looking forward to next year’s CNY. 

No comments: